Protect yourself and your business


Designed for over 100 classes of professions and businesses with up to 20 employees. Professional Liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions, is essential for professionals. Whether you give advice, supply marketing solutions, design services, or make educated recommendations, E&O insurance can help mitigate your risks.

Professional Liability insurance helps cover the costs of defending a claim brought against your business due to your alleged professional negligence, and it can protect you in situations where:

  • You’ve made an error in your work
  • You’ve omitted an important element
  • You’ve provided incomplete or inadequate service

Cowan Professional Liability package coverage highlights:

  • Errors and Omissions coverage up to $5M
  • Commercial general liability insurance (CGL)
  • Contents of every description (COED)
  • Privacy Breach Expense insurance


Who needs Professional Liability insurance?

Some professions that may need Professional Liability insurance are:

  • Financial Services – Bookkeeper, Accountant, Tax Preparer, and Payroll Processor
  • Media and Marketing – Copywriter, Web and Graphic Design, Media Buyer
  • Consulting Professionals – Brand Consultant, Career Advisor, Business Analyst
  • Professional Services – Editor, Personal Assistant, Transcriber, Translator, Mediator



What does Professional Liability insurance cover?
Depending on your profession, it may be a requirement to have Professional Liability insurance before conducting business. In some provinces, this is required by law for certain professions, while in others, Professional Liability insurance (E&O) coverage is required only when providing services with higher inherent risks. We offer tailored policies based on individual profiles, so there are no gaps left uncovered.
What’s the difference between Professional Liability insurance and Errors and Omissions insurance?
Many industries use the term “Professional Liability insurance” or “Errors and Omissions insurance” interchangeably. Regardless of its name, this coverage protects you and your businesses from expensive lawsuits caused by alleged professional negligence.
Can I customize my policy?
Yes! Your profession, your package. Each type of profession has a unique policy name, allowing our online portal to ask the right questions for you. We make it easy to figure out what coverage you need and get insured—quickly, conveniently, and affordably.
How quickly can I obtain Professional Liability coverage with Cowan?
You can get an instant quote and buy online in just a few easy steps and in just a few minutes. Buy Coverage Online
Do I still need Professional Liability insurance if I work part-time or sub-contract?
Yes! It is essential for professionals who advise and provide services to their clients to carry liability insurance. Whether you work part-time or sub-contract, Professional Liability insurance (E&O) is there to support you should a claim be made against you.
Is my staff covered under Professional Liability insurance?
Professional Liability insurance packages are designed for individual professionals or companies with up to 20 employees. If you have a growing or established business with over 20 employees, Cowan Insurance Group offers tailored policies specific to your business. Our independent liability insurance experts will learn about your business to identify unique risks and help you evaluate and purchase business insurance that truly meets your needs. Get a free quote today.

From our Blog


Is Insurance Necessary for My Home-based Business?

Today, many Canadian entrepreneurs work from their homes. There are many advantages to this – lower overhead costs, convenience, and flexible hours to name a few. However, many of them are unaware that their business could be at risk because they don’t have the right insurance.

Find out more